The Swirly Bird Stamp Set is one of those sets that I never thought I would purchase. It has 24 images and many of them are tiny. Plus, there are no sentiments. Each time I saw something new created with this stamp set, I realized there are endless possibilities to create with it. So into my online shopping cart it went!
I found a card on Pinterest that inspired me. (Sometimes "inspired me" is a secret code for "I'm copying that".) I changed it slightly by using different colors and using a Mother's Day sentiment from the Thoughtful Banners Stamp Set.
The card base is 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" So Saffron Cardstock. It is scored at 4 1/4", 4 1/2" and 4 3/4". The next layer is 3 1/4" x 5 1/2" Whisper White Cardstock.
- The large solid swirl was inked up in So Saffron Ink Pad and stamped off once on scratch paper. Then it was stamped on the Whisper White cardstock.
- The two small solid swirls and the medium line swirl were stamped in So Saffron Ink.
- The long flower stamp and the short flower stems were stamped in Pear Pizzazz Ink.
- Stamp the leaves on the stems with Pear Pizzazz Ink.
- Stamp the small flowers on the stems in So Saffron Ink.
- Stamp the bird legs in Marina Mist Ink on the large stem.
- Ink up the bird image in the Marina Mist Ink Pad and stamp off once on scratch paper. Then it was stamped on a scrap piece of Whisper White cardstock and cut out with Paper Snips. Put one Dimensional on the body of the bird and attach it above the bird legs.
- Stamp the sentiment in Marina Mist Ink.
Two gold Metallic Accent Shapes were added to the center of the flowers. I brushed some Clear Wink of Stella on the bird, the two small solid swirls and the medium line swirl.
Even if you don't have a mom to give this card to, you can use any of the 53 sentiments from the Thoughtful Banners Stamp Set to create a card for any occasion.