Welcome to this month's Blog Hop featuring projects about Winter Frolics. My project is a fun way to decorate a canning jar. I used the Here's to Cheers Stamp Set in the Holiday Catalog (p.39) and the This Christmas Specialty Designer Series Paper in the Annual Catalog (p.172).
I designed a paper apron that fits on a 24 oz. canning jar. The only canning jar I could find in my house was this one, which was painted on the outside with black chalk paint. This will be a perfect gift for a friend, who loves to cook. Now, all I need to decide what type of treat to put inside the jar.
The back side of the jar.
The lid and rim of the jar are decorated with the This Christmas Specialty Designer Series Paper (DSP). The tag was stamped in Cherry Cobbler Ink on Very Vanilla Cardstock. It is cut out with a Layering Circle Framelit and attached to the lid with Dimensionals. Two Pearls finish off the tag.
- Cut the apron skirt apart and use two different DSP patterns. Put the skirt back together with transparent tape on the back side.
- Make accordion folds on the apron skirt to give it fullness and depth.
- Put Tear & Tape at the top of the apron skirt and attach a 24" piece of the Very Vanilla Lace Trim to it.
- Attach the apron bib to the apron skirt with Tear & Tape.
- Attach the holly leaves and berries from the Holly Berry Punch to the apron with Glue Dots.
- Tie the apron around the canning jar.
- The bib of the apron is held in place by the jar lid.
View the paper apron pattern.
Click on the image below and see what Susan Campfield created.
Click on the image below and see what Diane Evans created.
Thanks for stopping by! Be sure to check out the other creative projects in the Blog Hop. I hope you are having a terrific Tuesday! I will be taking a break from blogging until next week. Have a wonderful Christmas celebration with your family and friends!