When I saw Amy Koenders' card on Pinterest, I had to copy it, with some slight changes. It was created using the Totally Trees Stamp Set from the Holiday Catalog (page 48). Since a winter storm warning has been issued for Friday-Saturday where I live, today is the perfect day to share this card! There is nothing like dreaming of a tropical paradise in the middle of a pending snow storm!
- The Crumb Cake Cardstock base is cut to 4 1/4" x 11" and scored at 5 1/2".
- The second layer is Soft Sky Cardstock cut to 4" x 5 1/4" and embossed with the Seaside Embossing Folder, which is then put through the Big Shot.
- Wrap a 4 1/2" piece of Whisper White Organza Ribbon around the Soft Sky embossed cardstock and adhere on the back and attach to the card base.
- Use the Layering Circle Framelits in the Big Shot to cut a Whisper White Circle and a Crumb Cake Scalloped Circle.
It is now time to stamp the images on the Whisper White Circle.
- Ink the palm tree in Crumb Cake Ink and stamp on the left side of the circle.
- Ink the palm tree leaves in Pear Pizzazz Ink and stamp at the top of the palm tree image.
- Ink the water image in Soft Sky Ink and stamp it to the right of the palm tree. Stamp it again without re-inking it.
- Ink the grass image in Pear Pizzazz Ink and stamp it around the base of the palm tree.
- Ink the small circle image in Daffodil Delight Ink and stamp it to the right of the palm tree.
- Ink the sun rays image in Daffodil Delight Ink and stamp it slightly above the small circle. Repeat and stamp it below the small circle.
- Ink the "relax" image in Crumb Cake Ink and stamp it between the sun and the water.
- Sponge Soft Sky Ink around the Whisper White Circle.
- Attach the Whisper White Circle to the scalloped Crumb Cake Circle and attach it with Dimensionals to the card.
- Voila! You have stamped a tropical paradise card.
This is the perfect card to send to anyone who lives or vacations in sunny, warm weather.
If you live in the United States and want to place an order, I would love to be your Stampin' Up! demonstrator. You can order your papercrafting supplies in my online store here.
I hope you are having a thoughtful Thursday! Thanks for stopping by my blog today. Saturday night is the Creative Inking Blog Hop with new projects from demonstrators in Canada and the United States.