Recently, while in the waiting room at the doctor's office, I looked at a decorating magazine. I saw the color combination of Gold, Powder Pink and Whisper White used frequently. That inspired me to design today's card using the Badges & Banners Stamp Set and the coordinating Best Badge Punch. And, there are three sneak peaks from the 2017-2018 Annual Catalog too.
- Fresh Florals Designer Series Paper Stack
- 2017-2019 In Color Bitty Bows
- Powder Pink Cardstock
My vision was to create an uncluttered card with a bird cage hanging in front of a window. It took me a bit of time for my vision to come to fruition, but was worth it in the end. I'm giving myself a round of applause! The directions to create this card are long, but don't let that scare you away.
- Card Base: 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" Thick Whisper White Cardstock, scored at 4 1/4".
- First Layer: 4" x 5 1/4" Powder Pink Cardstock. Do not attach to the Card Base yet. Follow the next three steps to finish the First Layer.
- To get the two inch bead board look, put the Powder Pink Cardstock in the Simply Scored Scoring Tool and on one end, score at each quarter inch mark.
- Attach a 3 1/4" x 4" piece of the Fresh Florals Designer Series Paper Stack (DSP) to the Powder Pink Cardstock with SNAIL Adhesive.
- Attach a 1/2" x 4" Thick Whisper White Cardstock scalloped border where the DSP ends with SNAIL Adhesive. See the Tip below on how to make the scalloped border.
- Just like in all the DIY home decorating shows, you are going to cut a hole in your wall (the First Layer). Lay the window thinlit, from the Hearth & Home Thinlits, on the outside of the First Layer. Put it through the Big Shot two times as there is both cardstock and DSP to cut through. I threw away the cutout window.
- Now it is time to make the window frame. Use one-half of a sheet of Thick Whisper White Cardstock and lay the window thinlit, from the Hearth & Home Thinlits, on it. Put it through the Big Shot. Do this twice.
- Using the Paper Snips, cut off the vertical muntin (holds the panes of glass in a window) from both window frames. It looks less cluttered having only a horizontal muntin on the window frames.
- Attach the two window frames together using SNAIL Adhesive.
- It's time to add "glass" to the window frame. Cut a piece of the Window Sheets to about 2 1/4" x 3". Attach to the backside of the window frame with SNAIL Adhesive.
- The window is now complete and ready to install into the wall (the First Layer). Lay the completed window in the hole on the First Layer. Carefully, turn it over and use transparent tape to adhere it in place.
- Use Dimensionals to attach the completed First Layer to the Card Base. Note: I put some Dimensionals around the backside of the completed window frame to give it extra stability.
- To make the bird cage, rub the Embossing Buddy across the Gold Foil Sheet. Stamp the bird cage image in a VersaMark Ink Pad and carefully press on the Gold Foil Sheet and hold for a few seconds. Pour Gold Embossing Powder over the image and heat it with the Heat Tool. Let it cool and then punch it out with the Best Badge Punch. Attach the bird cage to the window frame with a Glue Dot. The Powder Pink Bitty Bow has an adhesive dot on it. Peel off the backing and attach it to the top of the bird cage. It is the perfect touch to finish off this card.
The Best Badge Punch can also be used to make a scallop. Start in the middle of your cardstock and punch. Slide the cardstock left or right, line it up to the previous punch and punch again. Continue until you are finished.