My inspiration for today's card came from the Mojo Monday website. I used the Birthday Delivery Stamp Set for this week's card sketch challenge. You can click on the sketch below and see the other projects using this sketch.
My card is all about one of the latest trends, ombre, which is colors that blend into each other. The Color Theory Designer Series Paper Stack (DSP) contains ombre sheets and other designs in four different colors.
These are the two 6" x 6" Berry Burst DSP ombre sheets that I used for this card.
- Card Base: 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" Berry Burst Cardstock, scored at 4 1/4"
- Second Layer: 4" x 5 1/4" DSP (the top sheet in the above photo)
- Third Layer: 1/2" x 4" DSP (the bottom sheet in the above photo)
- Fourth Layer: 3/4" x 4" DSP (the bottom sheet in the above photo)
- Fifth Layer: 7/8" x 4 7/8" DSP (the bottom sheet in the above photo). Stamp the "Birthday Greetings" image in Berry Burst Ink.
- Sixth Layer: 2 5/8" x 2 5/8" DSP (the top sheet in the above photo), cut from the Stitched Shapes Framelits through the Big Shot
- Seventh Layer: 2 1/2" x 2 1/2" DSP (the top sheet in the above photo). Stamp the cake image in Berry Burst Ink onto the DSP. Cut out with the Birthday Friends Framelits through the Big Shot. I fussy cut the candles with Paper Snips. The cake was attached with Dimensionals.
The final touch was four Rhinestones added to the corners and Clear Wink of Stella added to parts of the cake image.
This is the final Mojo Monday sketch challenge. I'm going to be scrambling each week when I have to design my own layouts to share with you on my blog. My heartfelt thanks to Julee for 500 sketches of inspiration!
It's been a fabulous Friday. I met a friend at a junque sale and then we went out for breakfast. Tonight is dinner out with the hubby. It's not fun to cook when it is so hot out! Wishing you all an amazing weekend!!!