When you can't find a scrapbook layout that you can copy, that means it is time to come up with your own original layout. Today's project is a Christmas Eve scrapbook page that is for this year's celebration. Dan and I get all the gifts wrapped, finish any last-minute baking, have a t-bone steak dinner and will be ushers at the candlelight service at church. The major hoopla with our family is on Christmas Day.
- The base of the scrapbook page is a 12" x 12" piece of Early Espresso Cardstock.
- The next layer is an 8 1/2" x 11" piece of Real Red Cardstock.
- All the snowflakes are from the Silver Glimmer Paper and cut with the Seasonal Layers Thinlits Dies through the Big Shot.
- Scrap pieces of Whisper White and Early Espresso Cardstock were used throughout this layout.
- The top of the layout uses the Large Letters, Large Numbers and Layering Circle Framelit Dies.
- The two photo boxes are 4" x 5 1/4" from Whisper White Cardstock and 3 3/4" x 5" from Early Espresso Cardstock. They are attached with Dimensionals.
- Between two and four photographs will be able to fit on these photo boxes.
- A pull-out journaling tag is 2" x 6 1/4" from Whisper White Cardstock.
- The curved tag topper is from the Hometown Greetings Edgelits Dies. It has a small heart cut-out at the top, which is perfect for the silver trim from the Mini Tinsel Trim Combo Pack.
- To hold the journaling tag in place, I lined up Dimensionals on the back of the photo boxes to make a "track".
- After putting the scrapbook page in a Page Protector, use Paper Snips to carefully make a 2 1/4" cut through the top layer of the Page Protector.
- The silver trim on the journaling tag hangs on the outside of the Page Protector, so it can be pulled out, read and then pushed back.
- The bottom of the layout uses the Hometown Greetings Edgelits Dies on Whisper White Cardstock.
- This embellishment was made with two of the Edgelits. It is easy to cut one Edgelit out in the Big Shot, then line up the other Edgelit to cut it out. Paper Snips were used to trim the edges.