Welcome to this month's Blog Hop featuring Easter projects. Since I usually host Easter, the practical side of me decided to make two projects that I can use for decorating on Easter Sunday. I'm sure my family will appreciate seeing new decorations this year.
In my craft stash, I had some 1 1/4" wooden blocks. I've stared at them many times, but never had any inspiration to use them until now. I lightly painted them with a shimmery white craft paint. Punched with the 1" Square Punch in:
- Marina Mist,
- So Saffron,
- Wisteria Wonder,
- Pink Pirouette,
- Pear Pizzazz and
- Pool Party Cardstock.
The Little Letters Thinlits were cut from the Blushing Bride Glimmer Paper and adhered to the cardstock squares with the Multi-Purpose Glue.
Four Dimensionals are holding the squares to the wooden blocks. I plan to add the word "Spring" to the back side of these blocks, so I can use them longer. I know our three grandgirls will enjoy spelling different words with these blocks.
The second project is a framed decorative Easter egg.
- Cut twelve 1/2" x 4" strips of the Sale-a-Bration freebie, Wildflower Fields Designer Series Paper (DSP), and set aside.
- Take a 4" x 5" piece of Whisper White Cardstock and cover it with Multi-Purpose Glue.
- Randomly lay the DSP across the Whisper White Cardstock and let dry.
- Put the Whisper White Cardstock through the Big Shot and use one of the Oval Collection Framelits to cut the egg.
- Put the Basic Black Cardstock on top of the glass.
- Adhere the finished egg to the Basic Black Cardstock with three layers of Dimensionals.
- A bow from the Pool Party 3/8" Glitter Ribbon was attached with Glue Dots.
- The "Happy Easter" is from the Teeny Tiny Wishes Stamp Set and stamped in Lost Lagoon Ink.
- The words are first punched with the Washi Label Punch and then the Word Window Punch.
Thanks for stopping by! Enjoy looking at all the different creative projects on the Blog Hop. Click the image below to see what Diane Evans created.
Click the image below to see what Linda Bauwin created.
Have a special Saturday!!!