One of the card swaps I was in at OnStage Live in Salt Lake City was for the Stamp Share for Leaders group. Anytime the word "leader" is in a card swap, I know my card has to use a technique, a special fold or be a "wow" card. And, you all know that is outside my comfort zone of simple cards! I decided to make a Double Circle Gatefold Card using the Rose Wonder Stamp Set. It has many different phrases that worked well with this style of card.
Here is the card closed.
Here is the card with the right side open and you can see the next phrase.
When you open the left side, you can see the last phrase on the inside panel, which reads "For some things there are just no words".
Here is how I made this card.
- Cut all the cardstock and put in piles.
- Score the cardstock.
- Base of Card: Basic Black Cardstock 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 2 1/8" on both ends.
- Front Panels (2): Cucumber Crush Cardstock 1 3/4" x 5 1/4"
- Inside of Card: Whisper White Cardstock 4" x 5 1/4"
3. Cut the circles on the Big Shot using the Circle Framelits and put in piles.
4. Stamp the phrases with a Black Memento Ink Pad.
5. Stamp the flower on the inside with a Cucumber Crush Ink Pad.
6. Stamp the leaves on the front panels with a VersaMark Ink Pad.
7. Attach the stamped front panels to the Basic Black Cardstock.
8. Adhere all the circles together.
9. Put adhesive on the left half of the smaller assembled circles and adhere to the left front panel.
10. Put adhesive on the right half of the larger assembled circles and adhere to the right front panel.
Voila, the card is done! I watched a lot on Netflix while making 31 of these cards!!!
Click on the supply images above to shop for these supplies or other papercrafting supplies in my 24/7 store. Have a terrific Thursday!!!