Today, I'm participating in the Creating Pretty Cards sketch challenge. Here is the sketch that inspired me to create today's card.
You can click on the sketch to see other cards made with it.
The Best Birds Stamp Set and coordinating Birds & Blooms Thinlits Dies were perfect to make a masculine thinking of you card. I put on my Sponging Queen tiara when making this card, as every piece of cardstock has been sponged.
- Base of Card: Tip Top Taupe Cardstock 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4". Use about a 2 3/4" Layering Circle Die on the front. Sponge the Tip Top Taupe base edges with Crumb Cake Ink.
- The bird and branch were stamped in Crumb Cake Ink on Crumb Cake Cardstock and cut out with the Birds & Blooms Thinlet Dies. First, sponge around the bird and branch with Crumb Cake Ink. Then sponge the leaves with Always Artichoke Ink. Lastly, sponge the bird's breast with Crushed Curry Ink.
- Use about a 2 1/2" scalloped Layering Circle Die on the Crushed Curry Cardstock. Sponge edges with Crushed Curry Ink. Adhere with Glue Dots to the inside of the card, so it is centered through the front circle opening.
- Attach the branch to the front of the card with Glue Dots.
- Attach the bird with Glue Dots on the tail and rolled Glue Dots (yes, you can roll them between your fingers) on the legs and feet.
- Stamp the words in Always Artichoke Ink on the front of the card.
- Wrap Linen Thread around the card and tie a bow.
If you haven't used the Sponging Technique before, you may want to give it a try.
- It is a quick way to add color.
- It's hard to make a mistake.
- It adds depth.