Welcome to this month's Blog Hop featuring projects about thankfulness. Today's project is a photo frame that is a gift for a long-time friend. I'm thankful for our continued friendship through life's ups and downs.
One of my favorite things to do is to alter treasures that I find. My friend loves old and worn things, so this frame is perfect for her. Before I give it to her, I need to add my special touches to make it unique. That means digging in my craft cupboards!
- Sponge both sides of the Very Vanilla 1/2" Lace Trim with Crumb Cake Ink. Tie it in a bow on the back to use as a hanger.
- Attach a large Metal Rimmed Pearl to the flower center with a Dimensional.
- Emboss Very Vanilla Cardstock in the Petal Burst Embossing Folder through the Big Shot. Sponge with Crumb Cake Ink.
- Take white adhesive Fun Foam and drag the Crumb Cake Ink Pad across it. Let it dry. Lay the "thanks" from the Hello You Thinlits on the Fun Foam and put through the Big Shot. Peel off the backing and adhere to the bottom of the frame. Add clear Wink of Stella to bling it up.
- Stamp the phrase "for being you" in Memento Black Ink on Very Vanilla Cardstock and cut it out. Sponge the edges with Crumb Cake Ink. Attach it to the frame with Dimensionals.
All I have to do now is add a photograph of the two of us and this personalized gift is done.
Click on the image below and see what Susan Campfield created.
Click on the image below and see what Linda Bauwin created.
Thanks for stopping by! Be sure to check out the other creative projects in the Blog Hop. Have a terrific Thursday! I'm off to a three-day retreat with 20 other Stampin' Up! demonstrators. Paper crafting heaven!!!
Adhesive Fun Foam - local craft store