Those of you who follow my blog have discovered by now that I like simple papercrafting projects. I would blame that on my short attention span and because I like working on multiple projects at the same time. That being said, you may be surprised that I tackled a pocket-style card for today's project. At first glance, I wasn't interested. It immediately fell into the "that's too complicated for me" category. But, I needed to add a unique fold card for my August events, so I decided to go for a new challenge!
The card uses the Colorful Seasons Stamp Set, the coordinating Seasonal Layers Thinlits and the Tabs for Everything Stamp Set. This unique card can be used for any occasion. And, the best news is that it easily fits inside a Medium Envelope.
- 4 1/4" x 9 1/2" Crumb Cake Cardstock, scored in the center at 4 3/4" and 1/2" on the two long edges.
- Use the 1 3/4" Circle Punch and punch a half-circle at the top of one of the short edges.
- Place the card base, with the half-circle punch, inside the Layered Leaves Embossing Folder and put through the Big Shot.
- Put Tear & Tape Adhesive on the two 1/4" scored, non-embossed edges. Peel the backing off the Tear & Tape and fold the front of the card base to the back of the card base, lining up the edges.
- Wrap about 5 3/4" of the Cherry Cobbler 1/4" Double-Stitched Ribbon around the center of the card base. Secure the two ribbon ends on the embossed side with Glue Dots.
- The Oval Framelit is attached to the card base with Dimensionals.
- The chair is attached to the oval with the Fine-Tip Glue Pen.
- The sentiment is stamped in Crumb Cake Ink on Whisper White Cardstock and punched out with the Duet Banner Punch and is attached to the oval with Dimensionals.
- 3 1/2" x 4 5/8" Whisper White Cardstock
- Use a Whisper White Cardstock scrap to punch out the Circle Tab Punch.
- Stamp the sun image in Crushed Curry Ink on the Whisper White Circle Tab.
- Add Tear & Tape Adhesive to the straight edges of the Circle Tab and attach it to the top of the inside card.
I am confident that you will be able to make this pocket-style card. Its uniqueness will delight whoever receives it. If you do make one, email a photograph of it to me. I would love to see it!
Do you know someone who is not ready to turn stamping into a full-time hobby, but would love a simple, fun creative experience? Now is a great time for them to join Paper Pumpkin at an amazing introductory rate during the Fall into Savings promotion. Anyone who subscribes from August 11–September 10, will receive September’s (gorgeous!) Paper Pumpkin kit straight to their door, complete with everything needed to make adorable, shareable projects—all for 50% off! Sign up using promo code HALFOFF0917 at paperpumpkin.com by September 10.
New items have been put on the Clearance Rack. View them in my online store here.
Only two more days to cash in your Bonus Days Coupons. Shopping with me is simple. If you live in the United States, you can purchase the supplies to make papercrafting projects 24/7 in my online store here.
This week is considered the last of summer vacation in Minnesota, as most schools begin next week. We are grabbing some last-minute time with our grandgirls. Extra time with them means I'm taking the rest of the week off from blogging. I'll be back next week with projects from the Holiday Catalog. Thank you for stopping by on a terrific Tuesday!