Welcome to this month's Blog Hop featuring projects for Holiday Gift Ideas. Since the majority of my holiday gifts are gift cards, I decided to show you one of my favorite gift card holders. I used the Merry Little Labels Stamp Set and the Be Merry Designer Series Paper (DSP) to make this simple gift card holder.
Here it is closed and ready to give away.
This is the inside of the gift card holder with the removable belly band.
- Base: 5" x 7 3/4" Cherry Cobbler Cardstock, scored at 2 1/2" and 6".
- Fold up the bottom and adhere with Fast Fuse Adhesive on both sides, leaving a pocket to hold the gift card.
- Attach a 1 1/2" x 4" piece of DSP on top of the pocket.
- Fold down the top and attach a 2 1/4" x 4 3/4" piece of DSP.
- On the inside, attach a 2 3/4" x 4 3/4" piece of Whisper White Cardstock.
- Stamp the image in Garden Green Ink on the Whisper White Cardstock.
- Use a Cherry Cobbler Marker to color the berries.
- The belly band is 1" x 7 3/4" Cherry Cobbler Cardstock.
- Wrap it around the gift card holder and overlap the ends. Adhere it together with Fast Fuse. It should easily slip on and off the gift card holder.
- Add a small scallop Circle Framelit in Cherry Cobbler Cardstock to the front of the belly band with Fast Fuse.
- The final step is to add a green Mini Gift Bow to the scallop Circle Framelit.
Once you make one of these gift card holders, you will see how simple they are to make. You will want to make more than one, so you have some ready for those last-minute gifts of money or gift cards!
Click the image below to see what BJ Peters has created.
Click the image below to see what Diane Evans has created.
Thanks for stopping by! Be sure to check out the other creative projects in the Blog Hop. I hope you are having a marvelous Monday! Be sure to check the bottom of this blog post for information about the Online Extravaganza sale that started today.