The expression, "what is old is new again", pertains to today's eclipse card. This style of card used to be called a shadow card. But the solar eclipse on August 21, 2017, influenced the new name. Whatever name you call this card, it is unique, eye-catching and anyone would enjoy receiving one.
The word "celebrate", from the Beautiful You Stamp Set, was stamped vertically to add visual interest to the Large Letters Framelits. The knotted Berry Burst 1/2" Finely Woven Ribbon on the Berry Burst ombre paper, from the Color Theory Designer Series Paper Stack, balances out the card.
Card Base: 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" Whisper White Cardstock, scored at 4 1/4"
First Layer: 4" x 5 1/4" Basic Black Cardstock
Second Layer: 3 3/4" x 5" Color Theory Designer Series Paper (DSP).
- Place the "YOU" Large Letters Framelits on top of the DSP and put through the Big Shot. Set aside the letters.
- Stamp the word "celebrate" in Black Memento ink next to the "Y".
- Adhere the DSP to the First Layer.
- Use about six inches of the Berry Burst 1/2" Finely Woven Ribbon. Make a knot on the right side. Wrap the two ribbon ends to the back and adhere with SNAIL Adhesive. Attach this to the Card Base.
- Put Mini Dimensionals on the back of the "YOU" letters and lay on top of the letters cut out of the DSP.
Yesterday was a no cooking day! I had lunch with two friends. And, dinner was spent celebrating my brother's birthday. A happy end of November to you! Thank you for stopping by!!!