My recruiter, Terri Gaines, gave me a gift for promoting to Gold last month. She used a Striped Treat Bag to hold my gift. It was too pretty to throw it away, so I kept it.
It had a gold binder clip, which is retired. But you could use a Gold Library Clip (Item 144130 found on page 199). The bow was made with the 3/8" Gold Metallic-Edge Ribbon (Item 144146 found on page 201). I need a small gift bag for a friend's birthday and decided to repurpose this bag and the binder clip.
Since the Striped Treat Bag was wrinkled and the top was already folded over, I placed it inside the Striped Scallops Embossing Folder and put it through the Big Shot. Oh my, that was magical to see the wrinkles disappear from the bag! I put the binder clip back at the top of the bag and tied a bow around it using the 5/8" Polka Dot Whisper White Ribbon.
How to make the embellishment for the bag:
- Use Whisper White Cardstock and Gold Foil Sheets on Layering Ovals Framelits and cut them out using the Big Shot.
- Stamp the sentiment and flower images, from the Abstract Impressions Stamp Set, on the Whisper White oval with Berry Burst Ink. Add three gold Metallic Pearls to the center of the flower.
- Adhere the two ovals together with SNAIL Adhesive and add a Pearlized Doily to the back of them.
- Use the Leaf Punch and punch out four leaves from Vellum Cardstock and two from Berry Burst Cardstock. Attach these to the back of the Pearlized Doily with Glue Dots.
- Cut two 1" pieces of the Mini Sequin Trim and attach to the back of the Pearlized Doily with Glue Dots.
- Put Dimensionals on the back of the Pearlized Doily. Take about 20" of Gold Metallic Thread and wrap it in loops around the Doily, making sure it sticks to the Dimensionals. Attach it to the front of the Striped Treat Bag.
It took longer to type the instructions, than to make the embellishment! I love how this Striped Treat Bag is now glammed up and ready to be given away.