Do you remember the first time you saw a Dutch door? Did you think it was the greatest invention, like I did?
Wouldn't you know, a papercrafter came up with a handmade card design called a Dutch door. Quite clever!
Just like a real Dutch door, when it is closed, it looks like a normal door. So it is with this card.
This card features the Daisy Lane Bundle, the Daisy Punch and the 2019-2021 In Color Designer Series Paper. My intent with the flowers was to make them look more like zinnias than daisies.
The Dutch door on this card doesn't want to stay closed.
Card Base: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" Purple Posy Cardstock
Dutch Door: 2 1/4" x 11" Purple Posy Cardstock, scored at 5 1/2". Adhere one half of this cardstock to the back of the Card Base.
You can barely see the seam on the back of the card.
First Layer: 2" x 5 1/4" 2019-2021 In Color Designer Series Paper. Attach to the front of the Dutch door.
Inside Layer: 4" x 5 1/4" Whisper White Cardstock. Stamp sentiment with Purple Posy Ink in the upper right corner.
- Using scraps of Purple Posy Cardstock, punch out three large daisies and three medium daisies.
- Use a bone folder to curl the ends up.
- Adhere the two daisies together with Glue Dots.
- Dip a Sponge in the Purple Posy Ink Pad and lightly press in the center of the flowers.
- Add Clear Faceted Gems in the center of the flowers.
- Use Dimensionals to add the completed flowers to the front of the Dutch door.
For every $50 you spend from July 1-31 (before s/h and tax), you will get a $5 Bonus Days coupon in your email. You can redeem your coupon(s) between August 1-31, 2019. Head over to my 24/7 online store here for all your papercrafting supplies.
Last Sunday was my team meeting. It was such an enjoyable afternoon. This week is our final week driving the two oldest grandgirls to orchestra camp. It has been fun spending time with them. We can't wait for their concert. Have a terrific Thursday!!!